Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lets get this painting started


For those of you who don't know Jon and I recently bought our first home. We have owned the home since the end of July but have only recently started living in it. We were not home much during August. We went on Trek with our old ward. Then went straight to Jon's parent's house to Grandma sit (she lives with them) while they were out of the country. I also went to Vegas for work during this time. We then slept at the house for a few nights before we left town to visit family over labor day weekend. It is so nice to finally be home.

Since we have not been around much we have gotten a late start on making the house our home. We are currently living in the basement because we are trying to paint the whole house before we move everything in. We have been told that if we don't paint now we never will. The plan is to paint one room at a time and then move the stuff in from the garage - starting with the master bedroom.

This weekend we got everything in the master bedroom and bathroom all prepped and ready for paint. Unfortunately, we didn't get as far as planned. Lets just say that Jon was caught huffing Kilz in the bathroom. For those of you that don't know, Kilz is a primer that pretty much kills any germ, odor, mold, etc. - so it is pretty toxic.

Jon and I learned that it isn't the brightest idea to put Kilz in a paint sprayer when you are going to be in a small, confined, unventilated area (like a bathroom). It is potent enough on its own without vaporizing it in a sprayer (unless you want it to be easier to inhale).

Jon ignored the thought, "I should probably stop, I don't feel so well" a couple of times before he finally gave in and took a breather. He was messed up from the effects of the Kilz for quite awhile.
(He will want me to mention that he isn't a wuss.)

Jon's afternoon break
Wow! The sprayer has a lot of pressure!

The Death Trap

Jon going for the Taylor Hicks look with his white hair.


Favorite Quotes of the Day:

"I just took apart my first toilet. I think it is funny that you actually think I know what I am doing."

"I don't know why people huff."

6 comments:

Meghan said...

taylor looks pretty awesome painting your room. i am so happy you started posting about your awesome house with a totally unique floorplan. i wish i lived in a house just like you.

i love the quotes. i hope that becomes a permanant part of the blog.

ps. i am impressed with your mad blogging skills today. xoxo cw.

Lisa said...

Janelley. You guys have started painting finally. I'm sure you are thrilled. I know I get to cook all day, but I'm going to try and find quick recipes for you and Jon to make that are good. You get two incomes though. :) I sure miss that.

Melissa said...

I love the house! You picked a good one I am sure! Keep Jon away from the paint fumes, apparently he likes to get high! lol j/k

Christopher said...

I heard Taylor Hicks is into huffing.

Charity and Chris said...

Yay for your house! We have a blog too. charitylake.blogspot.com. Eventually we will be social people again and I'll let you know...

William said...

Hi Janelle. Your house looks cute. You should post some pictures of the inside. Hopefully we will be able to come see it soon!