
Emmaline Rose was blessed by her father on Sunday, September 6th. Emmaline exceeded our expectations and was a little angel during the blessing. Jon and I were both worried that she was going to be fussy through the whole thing. This would have been especially awful since she is moving past the cute newborn cry into louder screams. To ensure that she was well behaved I gave her a bottle right before church to get her "milk drunk." For those of you not familiar with this technique - you get a baby to drink a lot of milk before her stomach registers as being full - (this cannot be done with nursing). I don't usually support being drunk but she is so cute when she gets milk drunk. She just lays there with a smile on her face, and a far off look in her eyes that is hard to see due to the battle she is having to keep them open. The trick worked - she was great during her blessing. Jon later told me that she was smacking her lips during the whole thing. He was concerned that everyone could hear her. I guess she was doing it pretty loudly but luckily the mic didn't pick it up.
Emmaline very rarely uses a pacifier. She just mimicks the sucking motion with her mouth. I think she is adorable when she does it. She is also very talented with her tongue (see attached footage). She has been a little lizard since a few second after she was pulled out of my womb.
Jon did a beautiful job on the blessing. He is such a cute, proud father. The people in attendance were Grandma and Grandpa Stevens, Aunt Linsey, Grandma and Grandpa Bozung, Uncle Bryan, and soon to be Aunt Richelle. The rest of the family is out of state so they were unable to attend.
My family came over afterward for dinner, asphalt pie (yum) and games. It was also the scene of Emmaline's biggest freak out to date. She has been having what is described as a "nipple strike." Lately, she freaks out whenever I try to feed her. Mom has been battling back with her own "bottle strike" (I do occasionally give in). I hope she will get past this rebellion soon. I pray it isn't a sign of future things to come. When I'm not trying to feed her she is a wonderful little baby (and used to be during feedings as well).
Emmaline with her proud father.
No comments:
Post a Comment