Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Emmaline Rose

Born June 9th, 2009 @ 12:16 pm
7 lbs 10 oz.
20 inches





Dad and Emmaline right after the c-section. I love his surgery scrubs.


Emmaline relaxing while her hair is being washed. I hope she continues to like bath time.

Laying out under the sun lamp. She has frog legs (like many breech babies) due to her position in the womb.





I know this post is 3 weeks late (I'm sure I'll hear about it in the comments). I'll try to post more pictures and details of the exciting day sometime soon.

Jon tells me that my only job right now is to eat, sleep, and feed our little girl (and diapers when he isn't around). Blogging will have to be a "want to make a little extra cash" job when I find the time.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

I was wondering when the 2 1/2 peas in a pod would change to 3. :) Emmaline is a cutie. Jon does look pretty good in those scrubs. :) Hadn't see that one yet. Love you guys!

Meghan said...

what a pleasant surprise this morning!!! (and for the record, i didn't start at all until the babies were 1 month, so you beat me). i love miss emmaline rose, and someday i want to meet her again. good job being a good mom (for now). unfortunately, the fun runs out and you have to start doing more than eat sleep and feed. live it up while you can!

ps. i bet i miss you more. but i better see you for bookclub in august.

Katie Page said...

Congratulations! What a cute little girl! Don't worry about not posting for a while. The first month is quite the roller coaster ride. Love the name, by the way. :)

Nathan and Rebecca said...

Congrats! Being a mommy is the best!

The Christensen's said...

Congratulations you two - she is beautiful!!! And I love the name! Hope you are doing well. Its an adjustment - but a great one!

Mike said...

Congrats, Janelle! She is a great looking baby with a lot of hair! Enjoy the midnight (at 3 AM, and 6 AM, etc.) feedings--we are happily past that point.

Also, no fair that your husband has a lot cooler scrubs than what I wore when our babies were born...

Krissy said...

get cuter, Emmaline! Can't wait to meet her in person, we'll have to do another lunch once you're able to walk around again!

jwilson said...

Congratulations Janelle and Jon@ She is adorable and I LOVE her name! Enjoy every second...it goes by sooooo fast. My baby turned ONE today! Miss you!

Brady and Rachel said...

Oh she is BEAUTIFUL! Janelle! Hope you are recovering well. Does she still like baths? Baylee absolutely loves them, she just lays there and hardly moves at all, she is so content in the bath. She's a natural waterbaby. Maybe its time to move back to Hawaii I guess. j/k we dont see that every happening. Good thing we love the Northwest. Your hubby sounds like a sweetheart. I'm sure he will love taking care of his 2 girls now. Sounds like your daughter has him wrapped around her little finger if he is willing to change all diapers when he's around. SWEET!

Devri said...

Congratulations Janelle!! i am so happy for you! She is adorable!Hope she is a good baby and you can get back to feeling better soon!! Keep updating, it will be fun to how our little ones grow together!