Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's a Girl














After waiting in suspense an extra two weeks (Jon's fault, he was out of town the only day we could have gone before we left on vacation) I was finally able to have my ultrasound on Thursday.

Shortly after the technician shouted "how much water did you drink?" (in my defense - I followed the suggestion I was given from the hospital), she announced "Here are the girl parts."

So there you have it, I am having a girl in June. We were also told that she must be very modest girl since she continued to cross her ankles and knees the whole time we were viewing her life in my womb (when she wasn't kicking my bladder). In lieu of that information I have decided to respect her wishes and not show you her "girl parts" picture.

It was such an amazing experience seeing this little person growing inside of me. It is a testimony to me that God is real. I don't know of any other way that this miracle of life could happen without his hand.

Jon and I are so excited to raise this little girl.

14 comments:

William said...

So how much water did you drink? Congrats on the girl. Thanks for posting the picture.

Lisa said...

Yay! I was wondering when you were going to post the wonderful news. That is crazy that there will be 4 girl cousins less than a year apart!

The Christensen's said...

Congrats you 2! We love those girls!! I want to see a picture of your belly!

Meghan said...

this is what it takes to get a new blog post? a pregnancy and gender announcement? i am so thrilled (you finally found out) for you guys. i can't wait to meet the lady.

(ps. my word verification is picagal. get it?)

Bill said...

Thanks for sharing last night the DVD of our new granddaughter. It was fun to watch. Wow, 4 granddaughters within a year. Life is great.
Love, DAD

Devri said...

yay! so excited for you! that will be so fun! and quite the adventure!! congratulations!!

Bryan Bozung said...

I'm sure thankful for randomly checking blogs! Otherwise your little brother might not have even found out that his sister was having a baby girl! Congrats!

Janelle said...

Bryan- I promise that I emailed you - just to the wrong address. I'm might be an air-headed (baby's fault) sister but I'm not a mean, neglectful one. I fixed your email information and sent you the proof that I tried to notify you the same day as all of the other siblings.

Katie Page said...

Janelle!!! Congratulations. I'm having a girl in May. Girls are the best! Congrats again!

Debbie said...

I didn't know you had updated your blog until I talked to you and Bryan yesterday. It was great to read about your experence in print and see a picture of our granddaughter again.

Jodi said...

So exciting! Girls, girls, girls in this family! Gotta love them. Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Melynda said...

YAY!!! Wow I came to your blog at the perfect time! Congrats Janelle and Jon! girls are so much fun!

SirEdmundHills said...

PUDGE!!! IT IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!! ANOTHER LITTLE PUDGE!! OW OW!!!

Brady and Rachel said...

Janelle! How the heck are you? Its been uhhh FOREVER! Since we were in Hawaii going to school I think. I found your blog through Erin. Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family. I would say I know all about girls, but I don't, we have two boys and just had a baby 3 weeks ago. We didn't find out the gender beforehand but basically planned for a boy. we were shocked! to have a baby girl come out. So I've only had a baby girl for 3 weeks, so I know VERY LITTLE about girls at this point.